Thursday, June 12, 2008

Part 2

So low and behold in February I had ended up with another ectopic. I did know what to look for so we did catch it early. But we had a really hard time with that one as well. I had to go get a shot that is ment to terminate the pregnancy to save the tube,not to mention my life. I ended up taking that shot 3 times which is also very dangerous. After the 3rd shot we thought that we were in the clear. Not even a day later we were back in the emergency room for another emergency surgery. So to make that long story short I had lost my right tube as well. So at this point we can't have kids. This was really hard for me. It is still really hard for me to look back at all that has happened. I know that I am very blessed but sometimes you just think to yourself why me. I guess that this is one of my tests it life. I hope a got at least a b+.

6 comments:

Lara said...

Shanda, I feel so, so badly about all of this. Sorry just doesn't even cover it here. My friend Cindy can't have kids either. It is so sad. I heard about your two tragedies from my mom, but I am kind of relieved to hear about it from you because now we can talk about it. Love ya!

Janell said...

We pray for you all of the time! I love you!

Stacy Lacy said...

I am so proud of you Shan for documenting this . . .did it help?? I am so glad you are still alive - I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE STILL!!!!!!! I have good feelings about what will happen in the next few months : ). I really, really love you!

Abby said...

Shanda....it's Abby Shaw but not Shaw anymore...I stumbled onto your blog and wanted to say hi....I can't believe how much you have been through!!! I miss you and think about you!!! Love ya girl!!!

Foster Family said...

I am glsd you are able to share you feelings and all that you are going through. Lots of emotions and questions, lets play really soon! Lolly

Britt said...

Shanda, I'm a friend of Janell's in her ward in PA. Just wanted to let you know I had a ruptured ectopic 1 month ago. Right now I am in the 3 month waiting period until we can try again. I want you to know I know how you feel. We have been trying to have kids for a year and a half now and the first time we get pregnant ended like this. We're praying for you and I hope everything works out with in vitro.