Thursday, June 12, 2008

November 2007

Well I am not sure where to start. I have been debating about bloging about this but my sister Stacy thinks that it would be a good idea. I am not sure how many of you know how hard of a year it has been for Ryan and I medically.
We would have never have thought that this crazy situation would have been us.
Back in November Ryan and I went to PHI to go see my sister Janell and her family for thanksgiving it has become a tradition for us. Late one night while at their house I woke up with some really bad stomach pain. I thought that it would have been just good old Jewett gas.
The next thing I knew I was on the floor calling for Ryan to come to my side on the floor. He then got out of bed and did not know what to do. So then he got Jeff and Janell out of bed. I tell ya it was nice to have a MD in the house. Jeff went straight to the Internet to see what he could find. The pain just got worse and worse. The next thing I know it is about 1am my husband and my brother in law were giving me a blessing. After that we then decided to get me to the hospital.
I tell you I have never been in so much pain. I was thinking that it maybe could have been my appendix. We get to the ER and the staff at the Pottstown hospital were great. I had a nurse and Dr all over me they did'nt know what was going on. Then not much later a nurse comes into my room and says "you are pregnant". I was shocked. I asked for Ryan and my sister. We were overjoyed. But are joy was a little bit to soon. We next found out that I had what is called an ectopic pregnancy. We did'nt know what that meant. Come to find out it is when the baby starts to grow in your Fallopian tube.
About 3 hrs later I found myself on a operating table. The pain was still so so so so strong I thought that I would die. I guess they had to perform emergency surgery. My fallopian tube had burst and I was bleeding to death internally. So then they had to give me a blood transfusion, before they could operate. About a day later I was in recovery in labor and delivery. My husband and sister had to continually tell me over and over what had happened. Ryan and I ended up staying an extra week in Phil so I could recover from surgery and then I fly home. I ended up recovering just fine. I did loose my left tube but Dr were hopefull that we could still conceive.

3 comments:

Janell said...

I remember that night like it was yesterday! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You are so tough! I love you and can't wait to be with you again this Thanksgiving!

Stacy Lacy said...

This story amazes me every time I hear it!!! You are a miracle! So, is Oct. your tradition for a New Mexico trip???? Megan was talking about how much she missed you in the bath tub tonight. Hopefully we can start seeing each other a lot more often (lets pray I get a job). I love you dudie!

Foster Family said...

Shan, we are so lucky and blessed that you were protected that night.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.  I love you and I am here for you. Lolly